Everyone has bias. It’s just part of our human nature, a survival mechanism. The challenge comes when you aren’t aware of the impact it has on your effectiveness. The key to thoughtful choice is developing your capacity to identify invisible assumptions and patterns of thinking.
The AAMC has partnered with Cook Ross Inc to present a course on unconscious bias for health professionals. Cook Ross has developed an evidence-based, dynamic one-day workshop in which you will explore how your assumptions impact choices around communication, innovation, hiring, engagement, management, promotion, marketing, and building organizational culture.
Who Should Attend?
This unique professional development opportunity is intended for academic medicine audiences and other professionals in healthcare and biomedical research. Participation is limited to the first 40 registrants. Interested individuals may include: Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners, Human Resource Personnel, Organization Development and I/O Psychology Practitioners, Coaches, Counselors, Educators, Heads of Departments/Divisions and or Executives – Individuals who are interested in developing a better understanding of themselves, their decision-making approach and what makes them and their organization "tick."
- Recognize the case for a reinvented approach to diversity and inclusion in healthcare and academic medicine
- Understand the science and research of unconscious bias
- Identify how bias and the processes of the unconscious mind can impact critical healthcare decisions and results
- Become aware of your own background, and its impact on your perceptions so you are better able to advocate for inclusion in your organization
- Apply new strategies for practicing more conscious awareness individually and organizationally
April 11, 2017
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
April 17, 2017 Harvard School of Medicine
|$825 ||Individual Rate* |
|NOTE: ||Groups of 3 or more can qualify for a discounted rate of $775/ea |
*Includes breakfast and lunch
**Individuals from the same organization are eligible for our group rate